Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Superannuation tax on 482 Skill shortage visa

Highlighted

Views 538

Replies 3

I am on a 482 Skill shortage visa and i'm currently trying to work to understand how my superannuation contributions would be taxed if i were to leave australia and move back to the uk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @DMG1994

Thanks for your post.

If you are eligible, you can submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) claim after you have left Australia and your visa is no longer in effect. For more information about your eligibility for DASP, you can check out our website.

From what you have advised, it doesn't sound like you have held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa. In turn, your super fund will apply the DASP ordinary tax rates (non-WHM) to the taxable component of your DASP.

You can find out more about how DASP is taxed on our website. Just in case it is relevant, you can also have a look at the DASP for working holiday makers page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @DMG1994

Thanks for your post.

If you are eligible, you can submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) claim after you have left Australia and your visa is no longer in effect. For more information about your eligibility for DASP, you can check out our website.

From what you have advised, it doesn't sound like you have held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa. In turn, your super fund will apply the DASP ordinary tax rates (non-WHM) to the taxable component of your DASP.

You can find out more about how DASP is taxed on our website. Just in case it is relevant, you can also have a look at the DASP for working holiday makers page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thanks for your response, is there any link which explains in more detail the untaxable element as well as the taxable taxed element and untaxed element?
Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @DMG1994,

This one should assist you. How DASP is taxed

KylieS