Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

TAX FILE NUMBER NOT RECOGNIZED

I'm new

Views 2260

Replies 2

Hi, I am triyng to claim for my superannuation after leaving Australia for good, but I am having diffiiculties with the DASP online application because it does not recognize my Tax file number. What should I do to solve the inconvenient? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Megastar

Replies 0

Hi @v_lanzet

Welcome to the ATO Community.

If the online departing Australia super payment (DASP) system does not recognise your TFN, there could be a few reasons for this.

Firstly, check all of your details carefully, then try using another browser or computer. If that doesn't work, see if you can proceed through the online DASP system without entering your TFN - further details can be found here.

If you have tried the above, and you still can't submit your DASP online, you'll need to apply using the paper form. The form and insutrctions are found here.

Thanks for your patience, Michael.

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Best to contact the ATO directly.

Most helpful response

Megastar

Replies 0

Hi @v_lanzet

Welcome to the ATO Community.

If the online departing Australia super payment (DASP) system does not recognise your TFN, there could be a few reasons for this.

Firstly, check all of your details carefully, then try using another browser or computer. If that doesn't work, see if you can proceed through the online DASP system without entering your TFN - further details can be found here.

If you have tried the above, and you still can't submit your DASP online, you'll need to apply using the paper form. The form and insutrctions are found here.

Thanks for your patience, Michael.