Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Transferring Super/Claiming Super & "Total superannuation"

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 2078

Replies 3

Hey, 

I recently moved back to engalnd form australia and before I left I transferred my supers all into one. I logged into my ATO acocunt to check everything and my supers havent been transferred into the one I nominated. Now on top of that, when I check my super accounts, the only super acocunt that comes up is the super that I nimonated as the main account. 

When I check "Total Supper Annuations" all my acocunts come up and im confused as to why their onlying showing up on that tab. I plan on applying for my DASP soon and im worried this might effect my application. Can some one please explain to me whats going on and why they havent all been transferred into the one acocunt and why they arent showing up on the genral tab/page?

Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @mem101

Welcome to the ATO online community

It takes a while for the account superannuation information to update to show that funds have been transfered, I managed this by creating an online account with my superannuation account that I selected as my main one and kept checking to make sure the funds tranfered, it took a few weeks for them all to go to the one account.

My suggestion is to call the ATO on the 2nd of January when the offices re-open, you are able to call us from overseas, when you call you are able to request a call back.All phone services will not be available during the ATO Christmas closure (12pm Friday 22nd December 2017 to 8am Tuesday 2nd January 2018).Please call +61 2 6216 1111

Just in case you need it, please click on this link if you need more information in regards to accessing superannation applying for your DASP.

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @mem101

Welcome to the ATO online community

It takes a while for the account superannuation information to update to show that funds have been transfered, I managed this by creating an online account with my superannuation account that I selected as my main one and kept checking to make sure the funds tranfered, it took a few weeks for them all to go to the one account.

My suggestion is to call the ATO on the 2nd of January when the offices re-open, you are able to call us from overseas, when you call you are able to request a call back.All phone services will not be available during the ATO Christmas closure (12pm Friday 22nd December 2017 to 8am Tuesday 2nd January 2018).Please call +61 2 6216 1111

Just in case you need it, please click on this link if you need more information in regards to accessing superannation applying for your DASP.

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi mem101

I'm not that familiar with the screens displayed on ATO online so I don't know what the 'total superannuation' tab is about. Possibly this tab shows a history of your super accounts.

Account balances are reported to the ATO only once per year by super funds, generally in October. Also, the account balance they report will be the balance as at 30 June rather than the balance in October. So it's likely that the money has been transferred to your nominated account but the fund hasn't yet reported the higher balance to the ATO.

I'd say that it's a good sign that your other accounts aren't showing up on the general tab any more. To me this seems to indicate that these accounts have been closed.

Here's the link to the DASP information on ato.gov.au.

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 0

I am a new user.

I helped organise my son's multiple  super accounts ( 20 over a decade or so)  into a single REST account for which I have an authority to speak on his behalf . I did not check as rigourously as I should have that all the requested transfers had been made. It turned out that one fund had not made the transfer because the address registered with the original fund did not match the address given on the request. They wanted proof of my son's identity. It was tedious as  he was overseas and his availability in a time slot to suit the fund call centre was limited.

cheers