Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Unable to make contact

Highlighted

Views 186

Replies 5

Hello Community, 

I have called the ATO from overseas on two separate occasions and also submitted two separate forms (see below) but still no response! 

- Searching for lost and unclaimed super (submitted 21 / 07 / 2020)

- Change of details for individuals (submitted 11 / 08 / 2020)

My latest attempt was today - I informed the Advisor I was calling from overseas and had used the international number given on the website. Despite this, I was put on hold for a long time. Eventually the Advisor informed me that she was going to transfer me to the Super department, at which time my calling card had been run down. 

How long does it take for the ATO to update your details and is there an email address one can use? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @LostSuper

Sorry to hear about your experience with contacting us.

As a client overseas you can email your Super inquiry to us. We may have already received your form and updated your details. Our general service standard is 28 days to process forms once received.

Let us know if we can help you further.

Ari

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @LostSuper

Sorry to hear about your experience with contacting us.

As a client overseas you can email your Super inquiry to us. We may have already received your form and updated your details. Our general service standard is 28 days to process forms once received.

Let us know if we can help you further.

Ari

Highlighted

Replies 3

Hi Ari, 

Thanks for replying. 

I oculdn't see an email address on the link you provided - can you please post it here? 

Regards 

Darren 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @LostSuper

Our super email address is superadvice@ato.gov.au

It is important to note that you can manage your super using our online services for individuals. For more information, have a look at the online services – super for individuals page on our website. You will see that you can find lost and unclaimed super online.

You can also use our online services to update your details.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for confirming the email address - I contacted superadvice@ato.gov.au on 24/09/2020. I am unable to link myGov account to ATO online services as I am 'outside of Australia'. 

My original forms were submitted in July 2020 (Searching for lost and unclaimed super) and August 2020 (Change of details for individuals). 

To date, I have received no acknowledgment whatsoever which is well outside of the stated 28 days for a response. 

How should I proceed? 

Regards 

Darren 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @LostSuper,

Just because you're outside of Australia does not mean you're not able to link to the ATO on myGov. The only requirement that might give pause is that you need to have an Australian phone number or the myGov code generator app in order to meet the security requirements.

We can help you link, but you'd need to contact us to do so.

With your Searching for lost and unclaimed super form, our service standard for processing things only starts once the document is in our hands. With reduced international flights, this means it can take significantly longer for us to receive things you post to us. This also means our correspondence back to you will take significantly longer.

We're also working in a reduced in office capacity - the Searching for lost and unclaimed super form is processed into our systems in Albury, which sits on the New South Wales/Victorian border, and as a result of COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria, there's significantly less staff working in the office to process the form into the system.

You won't hear back from us after submitting a Change of details form.

We can't confirm the progress of either form here, since we need to access your personal information. You will need to contact us to follow up on your submitted forms, to search for lost super with one of our staff, or to get assistance linking your myGov to the ATO to search for your lost super online.

I recognise contacting us may be hard if you're calling from overseas, but it's the only way we can help since we'll need to access your personal information - try using a Wi-Fi calling service to prevent running out of call minutes.