Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Where and how much do I pay for fee to cancel visa (Form 1194) to claim DASP

Views 421

Replies 2

I have left Australia and now want to claim my Super. I followed the ATO's website How to claim your super page, however, when I completed my "Application for DASP claims", I received the message that my visa is still active and needs to be cancelled.

To cancel my visa, I have completed Form 1194 "Certification of Immigration Status", however it indicates that the payment should be made through ImmiAccount. However I cannot find (1) how much I need to pay or (2) how to successfully pay that fee using ImmiAccount, as advised.

More details (my comments are bolded):

• Form 1194: "To check the application charge, refer to the Department’s website www.homeaffairs.gov.au" --> that website does not provide the amount that is charged / that I need to pay
  • Form 1194: "Make your payment electronically through the ‘My Payments’ section of ImmiAccount. Sign into, or create, your ImmiAccount and select: My Payments>Manage Payments>Pre-Pay Paper Service, at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/immiaccount" --> once you get to "Pre-Pay Paper Service page, you have to answer "What payment are you making?" And none of the supplied options clearly map to Form 1194. 
  • There's a help page on the PrePay Paper Service on how to choose the right options for each form --> however, Form 1194 is not included in that guidance. 

I'm at a loss and have spent hours on this already. Can you advise on the answers to these 2 questions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @SadieSSS,

Thanks for your question.

This question would best be answered by the Department of Home Affairs as they administer the visa programs. I did find this information on their website about pricing, but it would be best to confirm with them that it is correct for your circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Regards

RochL

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @SadieSSS,

Thanks for your question.

This question would best be answered by the Department of Home Affairs as they administer the visa programs. I did find this information on their website about pricing, but it would be best to confirm with them that it is correct for your circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Regards

RochL

Replies 0

I've followed up with Home Affairs (Contact Home Affairs M-F 9a - 5p). I am sharing my notes here, in case it helps anyone else.

1. They have confirmed that Form 1194 is the correct form to cancel my visa.
  2. They have let me know that the cost to file is $0 and that I should send Form 1194 without paying.