ATO Community

Withdrawal through my gov app

Ask a question

I'm new

Views 143

Replies 1

Hi 

I submitted a withdrawal of my super through the my gov app. No dasp form was needed it was a simple click.  It had said 'withdrawal pending' with estimated amount received.  Now all it says is that I am a confirmed temporary resident, where no balance can been seen.

Does this mean the process has been completed and cheque has posted?

Thanks

DB 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Dbird

Welcome to our Community.

You can submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) request via a variety of electronic and paper methods. Our online service or phone app can be used when submitting a DASP claim for super that is now held by us.

These options are outlined on the how to claim your super page on our website.

If it has been six months or more since you left Australia, your visa has expired or been cancelled and you have not claimed a DASP, your super fund will transfer your super to us as unclaimed super money. This is the most common reason for us to be holding a former temporary resident's super.

Your DASP will generally be paid within 28 days of receipt of your completed application. A final DASP tax will be withheld from your payment when it is made. There are different DASP tax rates depending on the type of temporary visa you held.

For more information about how and when DASP is paid and how DASP it is taxed, have a look at our website.

If you can't see the super balance online anymore, if you only applied recently, we are likely still processing your request and working out how much to pay. If you applied more than 28 days ago, your DASP may already be on its way to you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Dbird

Welcome to our Community.

You can submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) request via a variety of electronic and paper methods. Our online service or phone app can be used when submitting a DASP claim for super that is now held by us.

These options are outlined on the how to claim your super page on our website.

If it has been six months or more since you left Australia, your visa has expired or been cancelled and you have not claimed a DASP, your super fund will transfer your super to us as unclaimed super money. This is the most common reason for us to be holding a former temporary resident's super.

Your DASP will generally be paid within 28 days of receipt of your completed application. A final DASP tax will be withheld from your payment when it is made. There are different DASP tax rates depending on the type of temporary visa you held.

For more information about how and when DASP is paid and how DASP it is taxed, have a look at our website.

If you can't see the super balance online anymore, if you only applied recently, we are likely still processing your request and working out how much to pay. If you applied more than 28 days ago, your DASP may already be on its way to you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Top Solution Authors