• 23309 Members
  • 27288 Posts

ATO Community

claim super

Ask a question

Views 508

Replies 3

Hello there,

I'm in a big dilemma about , if i can claim my super while waiting for another visa application to return back to australia.I departed on march 2017 and again applied another PR visa(187 RSMS ) from my country, while my concern is will it affect on my pending visa or i should not claim it ?Your suggestions will be much appreciated.Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @shankar16

Welcome to our Community!

If you visited Australia on a temporary visa, and you earned superannuation while working here, you may be eligible to claim your super back when you leave the country.

You’ll need to make sure your visa has ceased (for example, your visa is cancelled or has otherwise expired) you’ll also need to have left Australia before you can lodge your claim. If you have ATO-held super, use Application for payment of ATO-held superannuation money – send this form to the address listed on the form.

You can find helpful information about claiming a DASP in our Knowledge base articles and frequently asked questions on our Community. 

Any questions you have regarding your visa application will need to be directed to the Department of Home Affairs. If calling from overseas phone +61 2 6196 0196, Monday to Friday between 9 am to 5 pm (AEST).

Thanks, JodieH. 

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous

Replies 2

The ATO does not have anything to do with visas including pending visas.

You will have to contact the Department of Home Office Affairs, pls refer following link:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact

Replies 0

I appreciate ur reply but the thing is i cant contact home affairs through ur provided link and  ATO is helding my super where i'm expecting someone reliable person on this forum

@Anonymous wrote:

The ATO does not have anything to do with visas including pending visas.

You will have to contact the Department of Home Office Affairs, pls refer following link:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact

can solve my concern.Thanks for ur advice 

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @shankar16

Welcome to our Community!

If you visited Australia on a temporary visa, and you earned superannuation while working here, you may be eligible to claim your super back when you leave the country.

You’ll need to make sure your visa has ceased (for example, your visa is cancelled or has otherwise expired) you’ll also need to have left Australia before you can lodge your claim. If you have ATO-held super, use Application for payment of ATO-held superannuation money – send this form to the address listed on the form.

You can find helpful information about claiming a DASP in our Knowledge base articles and frequently asked questions on our Community. 

Any questions you have regarding your visa application will need to be directed to the Department of Home Affairs. If calling from overseas phone +61 2 6196 0196, Monday to Friday between 9 am to 5 pm (AEST).

Thanks, JodieH. 

Top Solution Authors