Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: MyGov BASIC ID for overseas

Views 261

Replies 1

Hi,

Do I need to have my passport and birth certificate certified or can I just email  without certifying it to my employer and my employer will mail it directly to ATO to grant me a Basic ID?

Thank you and Regards,

Merry
(non Australian-outside AU)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @merry1

When seeking to establish a basic myGovID our directions indicate certified identity documents are required. 

• Certifying your documents

The following individuals are authorised to certify your identity documents outside of Australia:

• notary publics
    • employees of an Australian
      • embassy
      • high commission
      • consulate – including consulates headed by Austrade honorary consulates

See our instructions for how to apply for a Basic myGovID offshore. See also Complete proof of identity requirements.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @merry1

When seeking to establish a basic myGovID our directions indicate certified identity documents are required. 

• Certifying your documents

The following individuals are authorised to certify your identity documents outside of Australia:

• notary publics
    • employees of an Australian
      • embassy
      • high commission
      • consulate – including consulates headed by Austrade honorary consulates

See our instructions for how to apply for a Basic myGovID offshore. See also Complete proof of identity requirements.