Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

"You cannot use myGovID to access myGov at this time".

Initiate

Views 3073

Replies 6

Hi

The myGovID app on my phone is telling me "You cannot use myGovID to access myGov at this time". The same message was there yesterday.

Is there any news on when the myGovID app will all access to myGov?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 2

Update at 3.30 pm today, 29 June 2020:

Issue resolved. When the app says "You cannot use MyGovID to access myGov at this time" it really means you need to re-establish your id with your email, password and original identity documents.

6 REPLIES 6

Superuser

Replies 1

Are you still having this issue? It doesn't look like there's any maintenance happening see here https://www.mygovid.gov.au/need-help

Initiate

Replies 0

Yes, just checked at 5.40 am, Monday, 29 June 2020, the myGovID mobile app is still saying "You cannot use myGovID to access myGov at this time"

KPR

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @KPR,

Thanks for reaching out.

We suggest that you delete and redownload the app.

If you are still experiencing this issue, for assistance with myGovID app questions, you can visit their website for further information. Or contact their support line for further assistance.

I hope this helps.

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 2

Update at 3.30 pm today, 29 June 2020:

Issue resolved. When the app says "You cannot use MyGovID to access myGov at this time" it really means you need to re-establish your id with your email, password and original identity documents.

Replies 1

hi i am having the same issue, when you say re-issue your email etc what exactly did you do to reset it?

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi

If you get the message "You cannot use myGovID to access myGov at this time" you need to reinstall the myGovID app and also restablish your identity with the same documents (passport, license etc) as you used when first setting up the myGovID app. Basically start from the beginning of the process. Hope that helps.