Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Absolute Domestics provide me with clients who pay me. Do I work for myself?

Highlighted

Views 56

Replies 1

The Personal Services Income tool asks the question, "Do you work for yourself. or for a business owned or partly owned by you or your associate?"

The answer to the second question is clear. I don't work for a business owned or partly owned by me or my associate.

The answer to the first question is not so clear. I could say I don't work for myself, I work for Absolute Domestics. They provide me with my customers and without them, I would have no work.

I could also say yes, I do work for myself. I'm essentially my own boss. I'm paid directly by the customer and merely pay Absolute Domestics a finder fee. Which answer is correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I'd say you pass this test, but I'd doubt you pass the "unrelated clients test" based on the (admitedly limited) information provided and the PSI rules would apply to you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I'd say you pass this test, but I'd doubt you pass the "unrelated clients test" based on the (admitedly limited) information provided and the PSI rules would apply to you.