Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: Do I still have to pay jobkeeper to an employee that has been dismissed

Views 511

Replies 2

I have an employee who has been receiving jobkeeper since March.  I wish to dismiss this employee, do I still need to continue to claim and pay them the jobkeeper payment after they have completed their notice period?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Brad3 

@SM2304 is correct. Employers can dismiss staff who are receiving jobKeeper. The employer will cease claiming a jobKeeper payment for the staff member. The alteration in the number of staff being claimed for is made on the monthly jobKeeper business declaration. For further information see a similar post Jobkeeper Dismissal;  and there is another post addressed to an employer Jobkeeper and dismissal.

Hope you found this helpful

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

No, not once they are dismissed as the whole point of Jobkeeper is to preserve jobs

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Brad3 

@SM2304 is correct. Employers can dismiss staff who are receiving jobKeeper. The employer will cease claiming a jobKeeper payment for the staff member. The alteration in the number of staff being claimed for is made on the monthly jobKeeper business declaration. For further information see a similar post Jobkeeper Dismissal;  and there is another post addressed to an employer Jobkeeper and dismissal.

Hope you found this helpful