Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Job Keeper clarification: Working full time hours yet only receiving Job Keeper payment

Views 333

Replies 1

Since the beginning of the Job Keeper scheme I have only been getting paid the amount that was paid to my employer.

I still continue to work 76 hours a fortnight yet my pay has been reduced. Is this legal?

I'm lost as to where to go and how to address this as it has been happening for so long now.

E.g I began employment in March with an agreed pay of $1500.00 after tax. Since the start of COVID and Job Keeper I have only been getting paid the $1308.00 in Job Keeper, now that it has reduced I am only receiving $1000.00 after tax.

My hours have remained the same and so have my duties and I have read that my employer is meant to top up the Job Keeper payment, is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @peachy97 

Your employer must pay at least the JobKeeper amount (gross salary inclusive of PAYG withholding) to each eligible employee in each fortnight to claim the JobKeeper payment for that fortnight. If you earn more than the JobKeeper amount per fortnight, your employer should continue to pay your regular salary or wages. However, they will only receive the JobKeeper amount for each eligible employee. Any amount they pay above the JobKeeper amount in a fortnight is not subsidised by the JobKeeper payment.

Therefore if you are on the tier 1 payment and your hours have stayed the same you should still be paid $1,5000 with your employer being subsidised $1,200 of that by the scheme.

If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to the JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. We will be examining JobKeeper Tip-Offs and contacting businesses where we have concerns and need more information. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off. You can also visit Fair Work Australia as they have obligiations outlined for employers to follow.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @peachy97 

Your employer must pay at least the JobKeeper amount (gross salary inclusive of PAYG withholding) to each eligible employee in each fortnight to claim the JobKeeper payment for that fortnight. If you earn more than the JobKeeper amount per fortnight, your employer should continue to pay your regular salary or wages. However, they will only receive the JobKeeper amount for each eligible employee. Any amount they pay above the JobKeeper amount in a fortnight is not subsidised by the JobKeeper payment.

Therefore if you are on the tier 1 payment and your hours have stayed the same you should still be paid $1,5000 with your employer being subsidised $1,200 of that by the scheme.

If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to the JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. We will be examining JobKeeper Tip-Offs and contacting businesses where we have concerns and need more information. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off. You can also visit Fair Work Australia as they have obligiations outlined for employers to follow.

Hope this helps!