Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Redundancy Notice Period Payment Amount whilst on Job Keeper

I'm new

Views 286

Replies 2

Hi, 

I am currently on unpaid leave (maternity leave) and recieving Job Keeper. I am in talks regarding a redundancy and entitled to a notice period of 4 weeks (5+ years service). My employer said that the notice is from today (although not documented and we have another 'discussion' meeting next week, so i doubt that!) and i'll receive the Job Keeper payment for the next 4 weeks as the 4 weeks notice period...i don't feel this is correct? As I am on unpaid leave, I read that i am entitled to 4 weeks full pay. Or, is this different because i am on Job Keepr currently? Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Your employer is correct

You are only entitled to 4 weeks JK payment (check out Fair Trade Website which sets this all out). Please also note that the JK payment you receive will will lower than previous JK payments as the JK rate has decreased.

You have today given notice of your intension to leave, so  your employer is correct, your notice is from today. Your notice is not from a future date, even if you are going to have further discussions next week about your leaving.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Your employer is correct

You are only entitled to 4 weeks JK payment (check out Fair Trade Website which sets this all out). Please also note that the JK payment you receive will will lower than previous JK payments as the JK rate has decreased.

You have today given notice of your intension to leave, so  your employer is correct, your notice is from today. Your notice is not from a future date, even if you are going to have further discussions next week about your leaving.

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Kyliem

You might want to have a look at the Fair work website if you have any additional questions.Thanks to @KatieAcacia  for that great information.

Fair Work Australia