Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Re: Tax Help fot small business

Initiate

Views 2603

Replies 4

As a small business and low income are there any tools or assistance to lodge tax returns for free a volunteer program for example .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Thanks for replying @connos 

Do you have a MyGov account that is linked the ATO? You are able to lodge online, If you have a Mygov account and it isnt linked to the ATO you can call us and request a linking code on 13 2861, this will be the first step to solving your problem.

Once you have linked to the ATO then you will need support completing the return, We can support you over the phone completing the labels, it is the same number 13 2861

It would be best for you to sort your  MyGov first then call us again once you are ready to complete the return. We cant tell you figures but we can help you through the process.

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @connos

The ATO does offer tax help  - https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/Tax-Help-program/, however to use this service you need to be eligible, the below information is the activites that are not eligible

• work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
  • run a business, including as a sole trader
  • have partnership or trust matters
  • sell shares or an investment property
  • own a rental property
  • have capital gains tax (CGT)
  • receive royalties
  • receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
  • receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.

I would suggest you check out the website - https://www.ato.gov.au/business/starting-your-own-business/supporting-your-small-business/ , we do have other services that maybe able to support you - https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Starting-your-own-business/Business-assistance-program/?2018_sbsuppo...

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time

Initiate

Replies 2

Hello

Thank for your comment as been specified on my message reference the question or the challenge is if small business are eligible for help as they are not automatically from the program Tax-Help -Program as been so far with other words I need to lodge tax returns -Yesterday🗃📄🔐 The latest 🙍🏼‍♂️ Some curioumstaces are making the cost of a Tax Agent unaffordable while is my first time doing Tax lodgments I can't do them online or I'm not to confident about it and also the length of the periods that should be field 3 1/2 Y making the earth shaking under my feet .I just need help urgently and I can't afford to pay private agent

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Thanks for replying @connos 

Do you have a MyGov account that is linked the ATO? You are able to lodge online, If you have a Mygov account and it isnt linked to the ATO you can call us and request a linking code on 13 2861, this will be the first step to solving your problem.

Once you have linked to the ATO then you will need support completing the return, We can support you over the phone completing the labels, it is the same number 13 2861

It would be best for you to sort your  MyGov first then call us again once you are ready to complete the return. We cant tell you figures but we can help you through the process.

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you yes I have MyGov account I was trying to link ATO but was receiving an automatic message,I am calling now to 132861 for a linking code, thank you ! I appreciating your assistance