Announcements
COVID-19 update: We expect to publish updates on the JobKeeper payment soon. For other questions, check out the COVID-19 board.

ATO Community

Travel to and from work sole trader

Views 451

Replies 3

Hi. As a ‘sole trader’ can you claim travel to and from work E.g. from home to an office or do you only claim travel made in between working hours E.g. office to site and back, like an ‘individual’?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @saran7,

Welcome to our Community.

Claiming travel expenses are dependent on your specific circumstances. I am not sure if you travel to the same office every morning and then travel elsewhere for work during the day.

There is a comprehensive list on our website detailing what you can and can’t claim for traveling. If this does not answer your questions you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with a customer service representative.

Thank you for your question, SueO

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 2

If you are a"Sole Trader" whose office are you going to each day?

Highlighted

Replies 1

I got to different offices/pharmacies to perform work as a contractor - I am a pharmacist that is contracted to perform a service at a certain site, so I travel to and from those locations. Is that trip counted?
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @saran7,

Welcome to our Community.

Claiming travel expenses are dependent on your specific circumstances. I am not sure if you travel to the same office every morning and then travel elsewhere for work during the day.

There is a comprehensive list on our website detailing what you can and can’t claim for traveling. If this does not answer your questions you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with a customer service representative.

Thank you for your question, SueO