ATO Community

EBA 17% Super - Impact on First Home Saver Super Scheme

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 469

Replies 1

Hi there

I work under an EBA which requires that my employer pays 17% of my income into my Super account.

Will the amount equal to the difference between 9.5% of my income and 17% of my income be considered a contribution to my Super account that I can withdraw through the First Home Super Saver Scheme?

To put it another way, will the extra amount being paid into my Super over the compulsory 9.5% amount be considered a contribution that is eligible to be released through the First Home Super Saver Scheme, even though it is not a voluntary contribution but rather one that is mandated by my EBA?

Cheers

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @forever_shanks,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your employer is bound by an award and has to pay 17% Super guarantee, the amount above 9.5% will not be consider as a voluntary contributions towards the FHSS scheme. 

If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to contribution towards the scheme, you need to make personal voluntary contributions to your super fund, you can do this my making a concessional (before tax, such as salary sacrifice) or non-concessional (after tax) contribution. You can contact your super fund to find out how you can make non-concessional contributions.

If you have further questions, you can phone us on 13 10 20 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @forever_shanks,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your employer is bound by an award and has to pay 17% Super guarantee, the amount above 9.5% will not be consider as a voluntary contributions towards the FHSS scheme. 

If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to contribution towards the scheme, you need to make personal voluntary contributions to your super fund, you can do this my making a concessional (before tax, such as salary sacrifice) or non-concessional (after tax) contribution. You can contact your super fund to find out how you can make non-concessional contributions.

If you have further questions, you can phone us on 13 10 20 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors