Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Eligibility

Initiate

Views 632

Replies 5

I just had a call from the ATO saying that I'm not eligible because they only accept contributions made after 2018 but there website says from any financial year can I please get the truth from anyone is their website misleading and false advertising or was the complaints officer wrong
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @barrman77,

The website advises the FHSS scheme is for contributions made after 1 July2017, however the earliest you could request them under FHSS was from 1 July 2018. You would need to meet the eligibility requirements under FHSS and abide by the rules of the scheme. There is also important changes to FHSS, for contracts entered into from 1 July 2018. You can read the information on our website via the link provided. If you still have concerns you may wish to follow this up with us, as @Nate has advised via your other post.  

I hope you and your family remain safe and well during these trying times.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @barrman77,

The website advises the FHSS scheme is for contributions made after 1 July2017, however the earliest you could request them under FHSS was from 1 July 2018. You would need to meet the eligibility requirements under FHSS and abide by the rules of the scheme. There is also important changes to FHSS, for contracts entered into from 1 July 2018. You can read the information on our website via the link provided. If you still have concerns you may wish to follow this up with us, as @Nate has advised via your other post.  

I hope you and your family remain safe and well during these trying times.

Initiate

Replies 3

I have emailed the ATO on the email address I was given still no response and I still see that the ATO are still holding my money in their account and what a coincidence that after a whole month of the ATO holding my money the day it was meant to be released was the day they finally tell me I'm not eligible and still my money has not been sent back to my super account do you understand this is my money but yet the ATO decides on how long they can hold it so when is my super account getting the money refunded and what about the interest I have lost while it's been held with the ATO for over a month

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @barrman77,

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back yet, I have followed this up with our FHSS team and they will get back to you shortly and let you know when the money will be back in your super account.

Nate

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi I'm David's partner his still in hospital but we have just checked his ATO online account and it now says credited this is the amount credited to your bank account but on the 29/09/20 he was advised that it would be sent back to his super account could you please inform us as to what is happening thankyou

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi I've asked several times and still no answer last time I spoke to the ATO was on the 30/09/20 in my gov account I went to the ATO there is a message saying that my FHSS scheme payment has been credited to my account yes CREDITED to my bank account on the 29/09/20 effective date 01/10/20 still nothing in my account another lie from the ATO don't blame this on the system somebody would have sent me that message are they trying to play games because I've called the ATO they tell me a cheque has been sent to my home address still receive nothing so I call again they now tell me a cheque has been sent to my super fund I call amp they say they have received nothing I'm really sick of been told absolute lies everytime where is my money what have you done with it you have held it for way over a month now what is going on I will be taking this matter to the government and ombudsman this is a joke what you have done to me you think this is funny why does my gov account say it's been credited to my bank account when it has not and where is this cheque and the ATO could not tell me why they issued a cheque when I had elected eft payment so where is my money I want the truth today