Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

FHSS Timing - Quarterly payments & clearing houses

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 173

Replies 1

My employer pays super annuation quarterly through a clearing house - I would like to request determination and release of funds that have been sacrificed by me, but won't land in my super account until the end of April. 

Is this allowed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @josh33

Thanks for your post.

The short answer is yes, your employer can potentially pay it in late April. They are actually required to pay your salary sacrificed contributions to your super fund in accordance with the arrangement that you have made with them.

If your arrangement doesn't stipulate how often the salary sacrificed contributions should be made, it is quite common for an employer to pay them at the same time as your super guarantee (SG) contributions.

Employers are required to pay SG on a quarterly basis in accordance with the dates on our website. You can check out the dates on the when to pay super page.

You can also find out more about salary sacrificing by referring to the salary sacrificing super and salary sacrificing super – information for employers pages.

If you would like your salary sacrificed contributions to be paid on a more frequent basis, we recommend that you have a chat with your employer.

When you submit your FHSS determination request, you will only be able to include contributions that have already been made to your super fund. In other words, if you were to submit a FHSS determination request today, you won't be able to include the salary sacrificed contributions that your employer intends to pay in late April.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @josh33

Thanks for your post.

The short answer is yes, your employer can potentially pay it in late April. They are actually required to pay your salary sacrificed contributions to your super fund in accordance with the arrangement that you have made with them.

If your arrangement doesn't stipulate how often the salary sacrificed contributions should be made, it is quite common for an employer to pay them at the same time as your super guarantee (SG) contributions.

Employers are required to pay SG on a quarterly basis in accordance with the dates on our website. You can check out the dates on the when to pay super page.

You can also find out more about salary sacrificing by referring to the salary sacrificing super and salary sacrificing super – information for employers pages.

If you would like your salary sacrificed contributions to be paid on a more frequent basis, we recommend that you have a chat with your employer.

When you submit your FHSS determination request, you will only be able to include contributions that have already been made to your super fund. In other words, if you were to submit a FHSS determination request today, you won't be able to include the salary sacrificed contributions that your employer intends to pay in late April.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR