• 27288 Posts

ATO Community

FHSS and Sub Sale

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 96

Replies 1

Hi,

I would like clarify the use of FHSS, background info: Currently do not own a home.

Can I use the FHSS if I were to purchase an off the plan property via "sale by nomination"? From my understanding (Could be wrong) is that I would be nominated as the subsequent purchaser of the property and there will be no change in the original contract date (In this case 2017) and the ATO website states that  "You can sign your contract to purchase or construct your home from the date you make a valid request to release your FHSS amounts."

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Replies 0

Hi @RS96,

Welcome to the Community.

It can be complex to determine if you're eligible for the FHSS scheme when buying a residential property 'off the plan'. Your eligibility depends on the terms of your contract, as well as the state or territory the property is located in. 

So we can make a decision on your eligibility, you need to write to us at:

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3100
Penrith, NSW, 2740.

Make sure you include the following details in your written request:

• A copy of the contract, and
  • The state or territory the property is located in

Once we receive your request, we’ll assess your eligibility and provide you with a written response.

Thanks, NicM

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Replies 0

Hi @RS96,

Welcome to the Community.

It can be complex to determine if you're eligible for the FHSS scheme when buying a residential property 'off the plan'. Your eligibility depends on the terms of your contract, as well as the state or territory the property is located in. 

So we can make a decision on your eligibility, you need to write to us at:

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3100
Penrith, NSW, 2740.

Make sure you include the following details in your written request:

• A copy of the contract, and
  • The state or territory the property is located in

Once we receive your request, we’ll assess your eligibility and provide you with a written response.

Thanks, NicM

Top Solution Authors