Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

FHSS release of funds AFTER signing the contract

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 263

Replies 1

Hi, 

I signed a contract to purchase my first home. I was not expecting it to happen so fast but my offer was accepted on the same day. Now I am looking to release funds from my voluntary contributions into my Super via the FHSS scheme. I had not requested FHSS determinations prior to signing the contract. Does this mean I am not able to access this money at all now?

Thanks for any advice/help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Did you apply for a determination before you signed the contract? If you did you may still be eligible if you request a release within 14 days of signing the contract.

This is from the website....

• You must apply for and receive a FHSS determination from us before signing a contract for your first home or applying for release of your FHSS amounts.
  • If you've already received a determination and signed your contract to purchase or construct your home, you must make a valid release request within 14 days of entering into that contract. You can also sign your contract after you make a valid release request.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/Withdrawing-and-using-your-super/First-Home-Super-Saver-Sch...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Did you apply for a determination before you signed the contract? If you did you may still be eligible if you request a release within 14 days of signing the contract.

This is from the website....

• You must apply for and receive a FHSS determination from us before signing a contract for your first home or applying for release of your FHSS amounts.
  • If you've already received a determination and signed your contract to purchase or construct your home, you must make a valid release request within 14 days of entering into that contract. You can also sign your contract after you make a valid release request.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/Withdrawing-and-using-your-super/First-Home-Super-Saver-Sch...