Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

FHSSS - changing super accounts

Views 718

Replies 1

Hi there,

Just a quick question - if I change super funds am I able to withdraw my FHSSS contributions made to the previous super fund?

The reason I ask is my super amount from my previous account is labelled 'roll-over' in the new account so am worried that when they do the determination that they will not be able to tell what were my FHSSS contributions from the previous fund and as a result, not allow them to be released.

I have kept a spreadsheet of the contributions for when I do the determination so know exactly how much I've contributed and the dates so I have this data on my end but not sure if this is enough evidence for the ATO.

Thanks,

Tara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tarahhh

Thanks for getting in touch.

Even if you’ve rolled over your super balance from one fund to another, your super contributions are still reported to us. When you request a FHSS scheme determination through our online services, you’ll be able to review your eligible voluntary contributions that have been reported to us.

When you submit your request to release your FHSS amounts, you can choose which super fund you’d like to withdraw the funds from – this can be a different super fund to the one you made the contributions to. It’s worth checking with your new fund that they’ll release your funds under the FHSS scheme.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, NicM.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tarahhh

Thanks for getting in touch.

Even if you’ve rolled over your super balance from one fund to another, your super contributions are still reported to us. When you request a FHSS scheme determination through our online services, you’ll be able to review your eligible voluntary contributions that have been reported to us.

When you submit your request to release your FHSS amounts, you can choose which super fund you’d like to withdraw the funds from – this can be a different super fund to the one you made the contributions to. It’s worth checking with your new fund that they’ll release your funds under the FHSS scheme.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, NicM.