ATO Community

FHSSS

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 421

Replies 1

Hi

I understand that if I sign a contract after 1July 2018 I can access funds from my super account under First Home Super Saver Scheme. In doing this, can I access money I put into my own super account as voluntary contributions, or is there a specified account where it shoud have been entered. And can I only access what I contributed afer 1 July 2017?

Thanks

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @andreakemp,

Welcome to our Community!

Contributions made under this scheme are not a new type of contribution. They're voluntary contributions made to your superannuation fund(s). You don't need to notify your fund that these contributions are being made for the purpose of this scheme, and don't need to establish a separate special account with your fund.

Only contributions made from 1 July 2017 onwards are eligible for the FHSS scheme and you can request the release of your eligible FHSS savings anytime from 1 July 2018 onwards. You can apply for a determination as many times as you like, however once you have requested a release you can't request another one.

You can find more information about the FHSS scheme on our website, or you can phone us on 13 10 20 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @andreakemp,

Welcome to our Community!

Contributions made under this scheme are not a new type of contribution. They're voluntary contributions made to your superannuation fund(s). You don't need to notify your fund that these contributions are being made for the purpose of this scheme, and don't need to establish a separate special account with your fund.

Only contributions made from 1 July 2017 onwards are eligible for the FHSS scheme and you can request the release of your eligible FHSS savings anytime from 1 July 2018 onwards. You can apply for a determination as many times as you like, however once you have requested a release you can't request another one.

You can find more information about the FHSS scheme on our website, or you can phone us on 13 10 20 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.