Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

First Home Buyer Super Save Scheme - Determination

Highlighted

Views 338

Replies 1

I'm using the FHSS to for my first house. I've found a house and am just about ready to sign the contract, however, my lawyer just told me that I have to have an approval letter from the ATO for the FHSS prior to signing the contract. My reading of the website is that I only have to have a 'determination' not approval prior to signing the contract.

I believe I have done the determination through the myGov website but it's hard to know for sure. I've also actually applied for release of the money and I have a form showing this. But I can't find anything on myGov that confirms that a determination has been made - it just shows me that I've applied for the release of the funds.

I am fairly certain my lawyer is incorrect and that I am able to sign the contract now. Do I have to wait for the release of funds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Replies 0

Found the answer to my own question. I got a myGov message which showed my determination letter. With the changes since July 1, this is all I need to sign a contract as long as I apply for the release of the money with 14 days of signing!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Replies 0

Found the answer to my own question. I got a myGov message which showed my determination letter. With the changes since July 1, this is all I need to sign a contract as long as I apply for the release of the money with 14 days of signing!