Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

I am planning to buy a property that is leased for 8 more months before I can move in.

Highlighted

Views 62

Replies 1

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a property which is currently occupied. The contract will include that it will be sold as leased for 8 more months. Would I still be elidigble for the First Home Super Saver Schema (e.g. taking out 15k out of my super) as the property would be practicable to occupy after 8 months time? And if so would I have to occupy it for at least 6 months in the following 12 months?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ich-bin-drin

Thanks for your post.

We have been asked a similar question by another member of our Community. You can check out our response here:

FHSS "as soon as practicable after purchase"

As we said to the other member, it isn't practicable to move into a property that is being tenanted. After the tenant has moved out, you will need to live in it for at least six of the following 12 months. This requirement is measured from when you are able to occupy the property.

Good luck with your first home purchase.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ich-bin-drin

Thanks for your post.

We have been asked a similar question by another member of our Community. You can check out our response here:

FHSS "as soon as practicable after purchase"

As we said to the other member, it isn't practicable to move into a property that is being tenanted. After the tenant has moved out, you will need to live in it for at least six of the following 12 months. This requirement is measured from when you are able to occupy the property.

Good luck with your first home purchase.