Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Release of FHSS

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 141

Replies 1

Hello 

I received a letter from the ATO that advised my maximum of funds that can be released for FHSS.

It then says that I need to go online and lodge the release, which I thought that I had already done, hence the letter received.

Could you please confirm if there is anything else that I am required to do or do I just need to wait for the 15-25 business days for the funds to be in my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rebeccathompson

Thanks for your post.

When you are ready to receive your FHSS amounts, you need to request a FHSS determination and a FHSS release. If you have already requested a determination, you only need to request a FHSS release.

For more information about applying to release your savings, have a look at the FHSS scheme page on our website.

Based on the letter that you have received, it sounds like you have requested a FHSS determination. If you are ready to have the maximum FHSS amount detailed on your determination released, you simply need to access our online service (via myGov) and request your FHSS release.

If you think that you have already done that, we recommend that you still go online to double check. If you have, it will take between 15 and 25 business days to finalise. If you haven't, it only takes a few minutes to complete.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rebeccathompson

Thanks for your post.

When you are ready to receive your FHSS amounts, you need to request a FHSS determination and a FHSS release. If you have already requested a determination, you only need to request a FHSS release.

For more information about applying to release your savings, have a look at the FHSS scheme page on our website.

Based on the letter that you have received, it sounds like you have requested a FHSS determination. If you are ready to have the maximum FHSS amount detailed on your determination released, you simply need to access our online service (via myGov) and request your FHSS release.

If you think that you have already done that, we recommend that you still go online to double check. If you have, it will take between 15 and 25 business days to finalise. If you haven't, it only takes a few minutes to complete.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR