Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Taxed even though I have recontributed FHSS amount

Views 101

Replies 1

I have recontributed my FHSS amount wholly within one month of receiving it.

I have just received a payment summary notifying me the full amount is assessable income and must be included in my tax return.

Does this mean I am going to have to pay tax on this FHSS amount that I did not get to use and is locked away in super?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @teddyz,

If you have re-contributed the FHSS amount to your super fund (as a non concessional contribution), you still need to include the original released amount on your return. Bear in mind you will have the FHSS 30% tax offset applied once this is reported. You also need to advise us you have re-contributed the amount, you can check the Notification requirements at the base of this webpage.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @teddyz,

If you have re-contributed the FHSS amount to your super fund (as a non concessional contribution), you still need to include the original released amount on your return. Bear in mind you will have the FHSS 30% tax offset applied once this is reported. You also need to advise us you have re-contributed the amount, you can check the Notification requirements at the base of this webpage.

All the best.