First home super saver scheme?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 5

Hi @baron33

I've assumed you're asking about how to apply online to release eligible super contributions (plus assocaited earnings) accumulated as part of the First Home Saver Super scheme. 

Once you've logged in to ATO Online services via Mygov; select Super > Manage > then First home saver. 

There are several sections:

- FHSS determination

- FHSS release request

- FHSS notification of purchase (or recontribution). 

Initially, the determination request should automatically display, and present questions relating to the determination. To proceed beyond the determination, you can 'Request release'. 

Hope this helps! If not, check out the web content here, or contact the ATO on 13 10 20 between 8am and 6pm Mon to Fri AEST

(Disclaimer - I'm an employee of the ATO here voluntarily) 

6 REPLIES 6

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 5

Hi @baron33

I've assumed you're asking about how to apply online to release eligible super contributions (plus assocaited earnings) accumulated as part of the First Home Saver Super scheme. 

Once you've logged in to ATO Online services via Mygov; select Super > Manage > then First home saver. 

There are several sections:

- FHSS determination

- FHSS release request

- FHSS notification of purchase (or recontribution). 

Initially, the determination request should automatically display, and present questions relating to the determination. To proceed beyond the determination, you can 'Request release'. 

Hope this helps! If not, check out the web content here, or contact the ATO on 13 10 20 between 8am and 6pm Mon to Fri AEST

(Disclaimer - I'm an employee of the ATO here voluntarily) 

Replies 4

What if this tab isn't here? I've put 20k in through my work and it's not coming up and the balance of my overall super seems off. 10k was last fin year, 10 was this

Replies 2

Hi @BecMarie,

Welcome to the Community.

When you log into our online services via myGov, the Super tab should be available from the navigation menu at the top of the page (it should be located between the 'Tax' and 'My profile' tabs).

Once you click on Super, a drop-down menu should appear. From this menu select Manage, then First home saver.

If this isn’t available, you can phone us on 13 10 20, 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, to discuss other ways you can submit a first home super saver scheme determination request.

When viewing your super balances in our online services, the amount displayed may not be your current account balance.  The balance displayed is your account balance when your super fund last reported to us, with most super funds reporting annually.  When we receive new reporting from your fund, your account balance will be updated.

You can contact your super fund to check you current account balance.

Thanks, NicM.

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi NicM,

My partner and went through the steps online on the ATO portal via mygov on 1 October and proceeded from the determination screen through to requesting the releases and nominating which super accounts we wanted them to come from before hitting confirm. It's showing up as pending on the portal however, we recieved a message on mygov today titled your first home super saver determination request that also includes a release request form as a PDF. This has confused us a bit as we've already put that info in via the portal when requesting the release online back on 1 October. Can you confirm this is just an automated message that we can ignore given we've already requested the release online via the portal?

Kind regards,

James

Replies 0

Hi @GreenMachine,

Welcome to the Community.

As long as you received an ATO receipt ID when you lodged your FHSS scheme release request and your FHSS status screen shows your request as 'pending', then you don't need to complete the paper form.

When you submit your FHSS scheme determination request through our online services, you'll be sent a copy of your determination and a FHSS release request form. However, you don't need to send us the release form if you submit your release request online.

Thanks, NicM.

Replies 0

Thanks Nic! I found it. For those on mobile, it's not in the super section, you click the menu on the right.
Top Solution Authors