Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

ATO Help

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 846

Replies 1

If I am not sure about the Tax return that i have Lodged.Does ATO provide any service or facility or can i take help of an agent where i can visit & correct my tax return?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @deeptarunsingh,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, if you've made a mistake or left something out of your tax return you can make an amendment to your income tax assessment. To request an amendment you have a number of options to choose from:

1. You can request an amendment for 2016 and 2017 online, at myGov, regardless how the tax return was lodged. Once logged in to myGov, select ATO services > Tax > Income tax > View or amend returns.
  2. By completing a paper form: Request for amendment of income tax return for individuals.
  3. Writing to us
  4. Registered tax agent.

The processing timeframe of an amendment varies depending on how you lodged. You can find information on how we process your amendments here. If you have further queries, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @deeptarunsingh,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, if you've made a mistake or left something out of your tax return you can make an amendment to your income tax assessment. To request an amendment you have a number of options to choose from:

1. You can request an amendment for 2016 and 2017 online, at myGov, regardless how the tax return was lodged. Once logged in to myGov, select ATO services > Tax > Income tax > View or amend returns.
  2. By completing a paper form: Request for amendment of income tax return for individuals.
  3. Writing to us
  4. Registered tax agent.

The processing timeframe of an amendment varies depending on how you lodged. You can find information on how we process your amendments here. If you have further queries, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks.