If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Access or carry on with Aus Super - not living in Australia

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.



Views 501

Replies 1



Im loooking for some guidence on a Super question. I was living in Australia for approx 8/9 years, 4 of those under the 456 visa. I was also married to my UK partner was firstly a permenant Aus resident, then a citizen. After the inital 4 years of being on the 456 visa i also was a permenet resident via marridge. Unfortunately we are now in the process of getting a divorce, and I'm living in the UK.


My question is this. Can i A) move my super out, via the idea of the super company sending a cheque, and I would be taxed at this 38%, or B) can i carry on paying into the super and pay Aus tax as usual per year?


Any info would be really helpful,




Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @koolerking.,


We are very sorry that it has taken so long to provide you with a response.

Can you please advise if you still need information on this matter?