Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Apply for PAYG withholding variation with Payment Plan in place.

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 452

Replies 1

Because of projected investment losses, I would like to apply for a PAYG withholding variation for 2019-20.

The application page says you can't apply if you have a tax debt.

I have a payment plan in place to repay my 2017-18 tax bill & I always pay on time. Does that qualify as a tax debt? Or does the payment plan mean the debt is accounted for and my PAYG withholding variation would be accepted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jem,

Thanks for your question.

You are correct; if you currently have a tax debt we will not be able to process your application, even though you are currently in a payment plan.

Once your debt is fully repaid refer to our website to confirm you meet all the other criteria and if appropriate complete a withholding variation.

If you would like additional information phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss further with a customer service representative. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information with you when you call.

Hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jem,

Thanks for your question.

You are correct; if you currently have a tax debt we will not be able to process your application, even though you are currently in a payment plan.

Once your debt is fully repaid refer to our website to confirm you meet all the other criteria and if appropriate complete a withholding variation.

If you would like additional information phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss further with a customer service representative. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information with you when you call.

Hope this helps, SueO