Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

As an UberEats Driver ONLY do I need to pay GST?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 729

Replies 1

Hi there,

I just wanted to know whether or not I need to pay GST on my UberEats income? 

Hypothetically, if you are to be paid in to your account $700 from UE, how much is for GST and how much is taxed? Do you take out the GST first, then tax yourself? Or vice versa? I'd like to know how much I should be setting aside for PAYG.

Also, if projected income is less than $75,000 per annum, can I cancel my GST registration? I do not intend to be making that amount. 

I look forward to your prompt response!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @kristina89,

Welcome to our Community!

Our guide on Driving for UberEats/Deliveroo/Menulog - how do I manage my tax? has useful information to help you work out what your obligations are when working for UberEats.

If you have further questions, you can phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @kristina89,

Welcome to our Community!

Our guide on Driving for UberEats/Deliveroo/Menulog - how do I manage my tax? has useful information to help you work out what your obligations are when working for UberEats.

If you have further questions, you can phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.