Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: COVID-19 support - JobKeeper payment

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Chetan0001

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It will depend on what the arrangement was from June 2014 to November 2019 as to whether you will meet the eligible employee requirements. If you were employed by the recruitment agency, it would appear that you don't meet the long-term casual 12 month rule. If you were employed by the company directly, then you do.

Depending on your circumstances, we suggest that you have a chat with your employer.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, ChrisR

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Kelly2

Thanks for joining the conversation.

You won't be eligible for the JobKeeper Payment with your casual employer due to your permanent employment.

If your permanent employer meets all the eligible employer requirements and you meet all the eligible employee requirements, they can claim it for you. If those requirements haven't been met or your employer doesn't enrol in the scheme, you won't be eligible for the payment.

For more information about the JobKeeper Payment for employees with multiple employers, go to our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @CJG1

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If your business meets all the eligible employer requirements and you have at least one employee who meets all the eligible employee requirements, you are eligible to enrol for the JobKeeper Payment for that employee.

For more information about how to enrol for the JobKeeper payment, have a look at our website. We also suggest that you check out our JobKeeper guides.

When you have completed your online enrolment, the following information is displayed on the screen:

Your request has been successfully lodged.

Based on your self-assessment against the eligibility information you have submitted in accordance with the law, the ATO accepts your enrolment for the JobKeeper subsidy.

This means that your enrolment has been successful and that you can make $1,500 (before tax) fortnightly payments to your employee knowing that you are eligible to be reimbursed for those payments.

All the best.

Thanks, ChrisR

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi all, I recently got a call from my case manager (there was an I.T issue with my jobkeeper application and it had been put on hold until sorted out).  It was initially a missed call from a private number to which they left a msg to call back on an 03 number (NSW) to which I called back. The case manager then rang me back on a mobile number and all communication was done from this mobile number from then on.  Is this normal?? My payment in question (June) was being paid within 2 business days and nothing has yet to come thru (today is the second business day so not panicking yet).

Replies 0

Hi guys,

I was added to Jobkeeper on the 4th of May 2020. As a long time casual employee of 7 years, I was actually told initially I was not eligible for Jobkeeper. after ringing the ATO and Fairwork I was able to convince my employer that I was eligible.

My question is Since I was added to Jobkeeper a while after the start date, is my employer required to backdate any payments to the start date of Jobkeeper?

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @user93 

If the employer has enrolled you for Jobkeeper (JK) they would need to pay you the required JK amounts and nominate you for the relevant month. It would not be possible for your employer to request you be paid from the start of JobKeeper if he had not enrolled you for it. You can view the key dates for JK here.

Hope this helps.