Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Can i work in rideshare companies like Uber & Ola on my Australian working holiday visa

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 753

Replies 1

Hi,

I would like to ask if I Can work in rideshare companies like Uber & Ola on my Australian working holiday visa?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jimmy221,

Welcome to our Community!

As a working holiday maker, you firstly require a Tax File Number (TFN) if intending on working. Further, it sounds as though you would like to work as a ride-sourcing driver, which in itself brings a number of registrations and reporting obligations. Please note that you must be registered for GST before your first trip, and to be registered, you need to have an ABN.

Thanks, @NelsonS

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jimmy221,

Welcome to our Community!

As a working holiday maker, you firstly require a Tax File Number (TFN) if intending on working. Further, it sounds as though you would like to work as a ride-sourcing driver, which in itself brings a number of registrations and reporting obligations. Please note that you must be registered for GST before your first trip, and to be registered, you need to have an ABN.

Thanks, @NelsonS