ATO Community

Re: Can't link MyGov with ATO

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Initiate

Views 139

Replies 5

Hello,

I really need advice. I dialed 132861 number to get a linking code but failed because my foreign passport is not verified. I don't know why and I'm sure that my passport number is correct. I haven't lodged anything yet because this is my first time. Anyone who struggled with this as well like me? A staff told me to call again if until July I have a new passport or driving license but I can't have these documents in the next months. What should I do now? May I use an agent to apply for Nonlodgement advice?

Really appreciate your help!!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @user26

We do need to be able to verify an identity document if you're requesting a linking code, or if we don't have enough other information on file we can ask you questions about in order to establish your identity.

If you're having trouble proving your identity to us when calling and just want to tell us you don't need to lodge, you can always send in a paper non-lodgment advice form. To get a copy of the form head on over to the ATO Publication Ordering Service, and for example you want to put in non-lodgment advice for 2019, just search '2019 non-lodgment', and the top result should be the form for that year. You just need to print it out, fill it in and post it to us.

Hope that helps.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @user26

We do need to be able to verify an identity document if you're requesting a linking code, or if we don't have enough other information on file we can ask you questions about in order to establish your identity.

If you're having trouble proving your identity to us when calling and just want to tell us you don't need to lodge, you can always send in a paper non-lodgment advice form. To get a copy of the form head on over to the ATO Publication Ordering Service, and for example you want to put in non-lodgment advice for 2019, just search '2019 non-lodgment', and the top result should be the form for that year. You just need to print it out, fill it in and post it to us.

Hope that helps.

Initiate

Replies 3

Hi Jimmy. Thank you so much for your reply. I haven't seen a paper non-lodgment advice form for this financial year so I'm not sure if I can do this instead of online.

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @user26,

The 2021 non-lodgement form might not be available yet because the tax lodgement period is still a few months away. The tax lodgement period for individuals is between 1 July - 31 October each year.

I'd imagine the form should be available closer to then so you'd just need to check again around that time Smiley Happy

RachATO

Initiate

Replies 1

Thank you so much. May I use a NSW photo card to prove my identity instead of a driving license?

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @user26,

Unfortunately you won't be able to use a NSW photo card to prove your identity. From reading everything posted above, I recommend double checking your VISA and Passport details with the issuers. If you don't receive new details for these documents, then you may need to follow the previous advice.

Sorry for the inconvenience, hope this helps.