Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

Certificate of Australian tax payer

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 658

Replies 1

Dear ATO,

I was a temporary Australian resident from Oct 2016 to December 2018 and I have now relocated back to my country of origin. My Tax Authority is requesting a certificate in which it states that I was an Australian tax payer for the above mentioned period. How can I request such certificate? Is it the “application for certificate of payment” form?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pedro-Nobre,

You are correct; you would need to complete the application for certificate of payment to prove you have paid tax in Australia.

You can download this document from our website, to return the document from overseas fax to +61 2 6216 2830 or mail to us at:

Australian Taxation Office
GPO Box 9990
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Australia

If you require any further information you can phone us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST). You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information when you when you call.

I hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pedro-Nobre,

You are correct; you would need to complete the application for certificate of payment to prove you have paid tax in Australia.

You can download this document from our website, to return the document from overseas fax to +61 2 6216 2830 or mail to us at:

Australian Taxation Office
GPO Box 9990
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Australia

If you require any further information you can phone us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST). You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information when you when you call.

I hope this helps, SueO