Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Credit Card Default, Sold to Lion Finance, What are my options?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 1452

Replies 1

Hey AusFinance,
So I'm in a bit of a pickle and I don't know where to go from here - so I'm looking to you guys for advice (and please no judgement - the past few years have been rough, and I've had a good hard look at myself).

Long story short, I went through a very rough period, during which I was hit with unemployment a few times (I have a learning disorder that I've struggled with for many years, and the diagnosis came at a time where I was already going downhill). This, combined with some really bad depression and anxiety, meant that I ended up defaulting on a credit card (10K).
The circumstance now is that Lion Finance has been trying to get in touch with me in regards to the debt which was sold to them, and now I'm not sure where to go from here. I am currently unemployed, and am in the process of applying for Centrelink (and also possibly the disability pension), but am also looking to try and find full time work.

I have checked the Lion Finance Online portal, and I'm unable to make any repayments for the time being, and this is starting to take a huge toll on my mental health again. I want to do the right thing (and start paying it back) but I have no idea where to start and what my options are?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Anonymous

Replies 0

This forum is only designed for Taxation based questions and is not for general personal questions like yours.

May I suggest you ask these questions on a more appropriate forum such as https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

For any general taxation queries phone 13 28 61

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Anonymous

Replies 0

This forum is only designed for Taxation based questions and is not for general personal questions like yours.

May I suggest you ask these questions on a more appropriate forum such as https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

For any general taxation queries phone 13 28 61