Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

DASP

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 515

Replies 1

Hi,

I understand that the witholding tax rate for DASP payments are 35% for non WHM and 65% for WHM. I was on a WHM visa initially for 6 months before converting to a 457 visa.

I wish to apply for the DASP as I have left Australia and would like to ask if the DASP will be taxed at 35% or 65% or split between 35% for super contributions received while on a 457 visa with the balance at 65% while on the WHM visa.

Thank you for any clarification provided. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @boonwong 

From 1 July 2017, the new DASP WHM tax rate of 65% applies to DASPs made to WHMs where it includes amounts attributable to superannuation contributions made under a WHM visa. In other words, if any part of your DASP includes any contributions made while you were WHM, then the entire DASP is taxed at 65%.

Here's a link to information on the ATO website:

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @boonwong 

From 1 July 2017, the new DASP WHM tax rate of 65% applies to DASPs made to WHMs where it includes amounts attributable to superannuation contributions made under a WHM visa. In other words, if any part of your DASP includes any contributions made while you were WHM, then the entire DASP is taxed at 65%.

Here's a link to information on the ATO website:

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.