ATO Community

Does 10 years of non-lodgement of Annual Returns cause a ACR?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

I'm new

Views 976

Replies 3

Hi All

I'm currently completing 10 years worth of SMSF Audits for a client. I know they have breaches for non lodgement of annual returns over this time but does this count as repeated breaches and cause a Contravention Report to be required? 

I can't seem to pinpoint if I just have a lot of Qualified Audit Reports or if I need to go to a Contravention Report as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @EmmaMunro,

Late lodgement is not a reportable breach that we require an auditor to lodge an Auditor Contravention Report (ACR) to advise. 

The list of reportable sections  table is after question 14 in the instructions.

The auditor will only need to lodge an ACR for each income year if they identify reportable breaches in each of those income years.

Thanks

KylieS

3 REPLIES 3

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

ATO is on record as saying that late lodgment is not a reportable contravention, because ATO already know that returns are late.

Better to arrange a timetable for progressive lodgement of the series of returns with ATO  -  factoring in audit time for each return.

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @EmmaMunro,

Thanks for your question, we will look into it and get back to you.

Thanks

KylieS

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @EmmaMunro,

Late lodgement is not a reportable breach that we require an auditor to lodge an Auditor Contravention Report (ACR) to advise. 

The list of reportable sections  table is after question 14 in the instructions.

The auditor will only need to lodge an ACR for each income year if they identify reportable breaches in each of those income years.

Thanks

KylieS