Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Early tax lodgement + Superannuation refund

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 895

Replies 1

Hello,

I submitted an early lodgement for my tax return in August 17 when i left the country (i will not be returning to AU). I submitted this via post and it had advised that if i do not hear any confirmation within 50 days then to contact you. I have not heard anything that you have received these papers. Please could you confirm that you have received this? Im not sure what i need to do next or if i need to send anything again. 

I also need to check that you have the correct overseas address for me to send the refund. 

I have recently completed my DASP as advised to claim my super back. However, i have realised that i have mistakenly put my visas down twice on two seperate colums with different dates as it was not clear if i was meant to put the date my visa was granted or when i entered the country and wether i needed to put the date my visa was cancelled/expired or the date i left the country. Will this affect my DASP application? If so, please advise what i need to do next to correct this. 

I cannot call the ATO as i am overseas and is really expensive to call as i have been on hold for a long time. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Roseanne Hart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RoseanneHart,

Welcome to our Community!

We can't guarantee it's safe to discuss your personal information in an online forum so we can't access your account or discuss the progress of your return.

The service standard for processing an early lodgment is 50 business days from when the paperwork was received by the ATO.  We don't send out confirmation that the return has been received, however the quickest way to check the progress of your return is by using the ATO app or our online tool. Once your return is processed we'll issue you a Notice of assessment to the address you used in your tax return, and any refund payable will be issued to you either by EFT or cheque.

Once a DASP application has been submitted to your fund it will appear on the 'Submitted applications' page in the DASP online system -  the application can be viewed by not changed. To make changes to an application, you will need to contact your fund directly. You can find the contact details of your fund on the 'Submitted applications' page. You can find more information about the DASP online application system on our website.

You can phone or Skype us from overseas to speak with an operator to access your account on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm (AEDT), Monday to Friday and let the operator know you are calling from overseas to request a callback.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RoseanneHart,

Welcome to our Community!

We can't guarantee it's safe to discuss your personal information in an online forum so we can't access your account or discuss the progress of your return.

The service standard for processing an early lodgment is 50 business days from when the paperwork was received by the ATO.  We don't send out confirmation that the return has been received, however the quickest way to check the progress of your return is by using the ATO app or our online tool. Once your return is processed we'll issue you a Notice of assessment to the address you used in your tax return, and any refund payable will be issued to you either by EFT or cheque.

Once a DASP application has been submitted to your fund it will appear on the 'Submitted applications' page in the DASP online system -  the application can be viewed by not changed. To make changes to an application, you will need to contact your fund directly. You can find the contact details of your fund on the 'Submitted applications' page. You can find more information about the DASP online application system on our website.

You can phone or Skype us from overseas to speak with an operator to access your account on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm (AEDT), Monday to Friday and let the operator know you are calling from overseas to request a callback.

Hope this helps.