Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Exiting PAYG Instalment plan

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 697

Replies 1

In 2017-18 I had foreign income for which there was no tax withheld. As a result I was entered into the PAYG instalment plan.

In 2018-19 I had mostly the same foreign income, but in April I changed jobs. My new employer withholds tax.

I believe that I will continue to be enroled in the PAYG instalment plan in 2019-20 because of the amount of 2018-19 foreign income. But I will be having tax witheld on all of my income during 2019-20.

Will I be able to exit from the PAYG instalment plan? Or should I just submit 4 x $0 quarterly estimations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jem,

Welcome to our Community.

We will automatically remove you from the pay as you go (PAYG) instalments system if you no longer have to pay instalments. There is a detailed list on our website which advises of the circumstances when we would remove you.

If your circumstance have changed, and you have a myGOV account linked to us you can exit the system online. Alternately you can contact us on 13 28 61 Monday to Friday, between 8:00am – 6:00pm to remove you from the PAYG instalments system.

There are a few circumstances where you will not qualify for removal from the PAYG instalment system, refer to our website for when you can’t exit PAYG instalments.

I hope this helps you, SueO

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jem,

Welcome to our Community.

We will automatically remove you from the pay as you go (PAYG) instalments system if you no longer have to pay instalments. There is a detailed list on our website which advises of the circumstances when we would remove you.

If your circumstance have changed, and you have a myGOV account linked to us you can exit the system online. Alternately you can contact us on 13 28 61 Monday to Friday, between 8:00am – 6:00pm to remove you from the PAYG instalments system.

There are a few circumstances where you will not qualify for removal from the PAYG instalment system, refer to our website for when you can’t exit PAYG instalments.

I hope this helps you, SueO