Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Exiting PAYG Instalment plan

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 507

Replies 1

In 2017-18 I had foreign income for which there was no tax withheld. As a result I was entered into the PAYG instalment plan.

In 2018-19 I had mostly the same foreign income, but in April I changed jobs. My new employer withholds tax.

I believe that I will continue to be enroled in the PAYG instalment plan in 2019-20 because of the amount of 2018-19 foreign income. But I will be having tax witheld on all of my income during 2019-20.

Will I be able to exit from the PAYG instalment plan? Or should I just submit 4 x $0 quarterly estimations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jem,

Welcome to our Community.

We will automatically remove you from the pay as you go (PAYG) instalments system if you no longer have to pay instalments. There is a detailed list on our website which advises of the circumstances when we would remove you.

If your circumstance have changed, and you have a myGOV account linked to us you can exit the system online. Alternately you can contact us on 13 28 61 Monday to Friday, between 8:00am – 6:00pm to remove you from the PAYG instalments system.

There are a few circumstances where you will not qualify for removal from the PAYG instalment system, refer to our website for when you can’t exit PAYG instalments.

I hope this helps you, SueO

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jem,

Welcome to our Community.

We will automatically remove you from the pay as you go (PAYG) instalments system if you no longer have to pay instalments. There is a detailed list on our website which advises of the circumstances when we would remove you.

If your circumstance have changed, and you have a myGOV account linked to us you can exit the system online. Alternately you can contact us on 13 28 61 Monday to Friday, between 8:00am – 6:00pm to remove you from the PAYG instalments system.

There are a few circumstances where you will not qualify for removal from the PAYG instalment system, refer to our website for when you can’t exit PAYG instalments.

I hope this helps you, SueO