Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Family Tax Benefit

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 892

Replies 1

Hi

my wife and I have just completed our 2016-17 tax and I just got a letter from the Department of Human Services saying that

"we are unable to pay your full family Tax Benefit entitlement, including the Family Tax Benefit supplement because your partner did not confirm your income for the 2016-17 financial year by 30 June 2018"

I have tried to call 136 150  to ask the question but I make the selections on the phone then get disconnected after 20mins - I have tried twice today. 

So does this letter mean they will not pay the Family Tax Benefit? in the letters we have had over the years it also has a choice that if your income is the same you don't need to do anything. 

Any direction or help will be greatly appreciated. We are doing tax 2017-18 now.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

This is a community forum that discusses taxation matters. The best people to contact about this is Centrelink.
1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

This is a community forum that discusses taxation matters. The best people to contact about this is Centrelink.