Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

How do I assess all of my service providers to work out if they should be on my TPAR?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 532

Replies 1

I'm in IT and sometimes buy services from other IT businesses.

How do I assess the legal structure of the business I am engaging to see if they should be on my TPAR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rawdyn

Welcome to our Community!

As a payer, you don't need to determine the legal structure (sole trader, company, partnership or trust) of the contractors you're paying. You only need to determine if the contractor/business you're paying for IT services is operating under an ABN. 

You can find more information about reporting IT services, including payments you need to report for TPAR on our website.

Thanks, JodieH. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rawdyn

Welcome to our Community!

As a payer, you don't need to determine the legal structure (sole trader, company, partnership or trust) of the contractors you're paying. You only need to determine if the contractor/business you're paying for IT services is operating under an ABN. 

You can find more information about reporting IT services, including payments you need to report for TPAR on our website.

Thanks, JodieH.