Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

How do I check if our business partnership tax return has been "OK"ed?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Initiate

Views 1279

Replies 3

We have a micro business partnership and opted to file our tax return ourselves.  We have used a SBR compliant free software  (https://www.freeaccountingsoftware.com.au/) to lodge our partnership tax return.  

When individual files  a tax return, at the end of it all they receive a "notice of assessment" - finalising the tax return. Is there something similar (like a notice of assessment) for partnershiptax returns?  If yes, how do we access it?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @dont_know,

Thanks for getting in touch!

A partnership isn't issued with a Notice of assessment once a tax return has been lodged. This is because each partner in the partnership is required to pay their share of tax when declaring the partnership income in their own tax return. If the partnership has a loss, each partners' share of the loss is also included in their own tax return.

Thanks, JodieH.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @dont_know,

A partnership isn't issued with a Notice of assessment once a tax return has been lodged. This is because each partner in the partnership is required to pay their share of tax when declaring the partnership income in their own tax return. If the partnership has a loss, each partners' share of the loss is also included in their own tax return.

Thanks, JodieH.

Initiate

Replies 1

Thanks @JodieH .

We have subsequently aportioned losses/profits between partners and filed our individual tax returns.

However, I am curious to know how can I prove to ATO/Others that I have infact filed our partnership tax return?

We have not received "confirmation of lodgement" via email or in our business.portal (business.ato.gov.au) inbox

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @dont_know,

The partnership won't receive a confirmation of lodgment or a notice of assessment. If you'd like to confirm that the partnership tax return has been lodged you can contact us to speak with an operator who can check the lodgment for you.

Thanks, JodieH.