ATO Community

How to link taxfile number to mygov if I'm living outside of Australia and if this is the first time

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.


Views 849

Replies 1

After I got my permanent residency, I came to the Australia and stayed there only for 2 weeks and I came back to my home country. Now it's been full one year from the date I received the PR.

I wanted to submit "non-lodgement advice" as I'm not earning in my home country as well, but the "mygov" returns an error ("Ineligible to Link") when I tried to link the "ATO" as I'm submitting for the first time. Further, I went through the following link, but it states to call 13 28 61 number to get the "linking code". But since I live outside the Australia, It's impossible to call that number. Is there any other international number or anyother way to get the "linking code"? I have all the evidence with me. Furthermore, I won't be able to come to Australia for another four or five months. So, If I couldn't get the linking code on time, I won't be able to submit the "non-lodgement advice". What should I do?



P.S -- ok I managed to call that number ... now they are asking to select the following


progress about the lodgement/ lost super anuation - press 1
apply to refund credit - press 2
arangement to pay - press 3
order forms or publications- press 4


I want the linking code. What number should I press? 1? I don't understand


P.S: after I press 1, they asked me for TFN then they say they can't find a record and asking how did I lodge it. Of course d.a.m.n it, I didn't lodge it, I just need the linking code to do it. WT heck? Cant they make this little bit easier for the people who submit it first time? I still don't know what to press .. does anybody know?



Replies 0