Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Is enrollment fee for a dance school GST liable?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 558

Replies 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Kuku,

Welcome to our Community.

I am not sure if you are asking this question as a parent or as the business owner, so I will provide you general information for both circumstances.

If you’ve received a tax invoice which includes GST and you wish to confirm if the business is registered for GST, and hence should be charging GST refer to ABN lookup on the abr website.

If this is your business and you have a GST turnover of $75,000 or more you will need to be registered for GST. To find out how GST works and what your obligations are refer to our website.

If you require further information you can phone us on 13 28 66 Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 6:00pm to speak with a customer service consultant.

I hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Kuku,

Welcome to our Community.

I am not sure if you are asking this question as a parent or as the business owner, so I will provide you general information for both circumstances.

If you’ve received a tax invoice which includes GST and you wish to confirm if the business is registered for GST, and hence should be charging GST refer to ABN lookup on the abr website.

If this is your business and you have a GST turnover of $75,000 or more you will need to be registered for GST. To find out how GST works and what your obligations are refer to our website.

If you require further information you can phone us on 13 28 66 Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 6:00pm to speak with a customer service consultant.

I hope this helps, SueO