Announcements
We’re aware you may be experiencing issues trying to access our online services. We’re investigating the issue as a priority and are sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience so far - we'll keep you posted!

ATO Community

January JobKeeper dates for businesses

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Community Moderator

Views 3376

Replies 6

JobKeeper newsfeed image.png

Whether you’re looking to lodge your JobKeeper monthly business declaration for December payments, or apply for the second JobKeeper Payment extension period, here are a few things you need to know.

Lodging the December monthly business declaration

For this month only, you can lodge your monthly declaration between 4 to 28 January 2021.

The declaration covers JobKeeper fortnights 18, 19 and 20 (23 November 2020 to 3 January 2021).

Applying for the second extension period

From 4 January 2021, you’ll be able to access and submit the new decline in turnover form to determine your eligibility for the second Jobkeeper Payment extension period. The second extension runs from 4 January 2021 to 28 March 2021.

Once you meet the decline in turnover test, to claim for JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 (4 to 31 January 2021) you’ll need to pay your eligible employees by 31 January 2021.

Have a look at our most asked questions and JobKeeper key dates for more information.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, ask the Community.

6 REPLIES 6

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi,

I have just completed the JobKeeper December 20 quarter decline in turnover test, which I meet, but when I try and do the monthly declaration the page says I have not yet checked the decline in turnover. For the Sept quarter My decline was not eligible, does this affect it at all?

Thanks

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @baskande,

JobKeeper is paid in arrears. It is a reimbursement. This means to receive a payment for the month of January, you must declare in February.

If you were not eligible for Jobkeeper extension 1 (28 September to 4 January), you won't be able to complete a monthly declaration to claim JobKeeper for December. You were not eligible for the period that December falls under.

If you're eligible for JobKeeper extension 2, you'll be able to complete your first extension claim (for the fortnights ending in January) between 1 February and 14 February.

Having been ineligible for JobKeeper during extension phase 1 has no impact on your eligibility for extension phase 2, but you won't be able to claim for extension phase 1.

**edited to correct information**

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks for that, I have tried clearing those and trying fresh on a new browser, still with no luck. the form is corrctly submitted, which is the best number to ring on (or do you have a live chat facility?)

Thanks again

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @baskande,

Having re-read your post and thought on it, I've realised I made an error in my interpretation (and therefore original answer). I've updated the information to reflect the correct answer. Smiley Happy

I'm new

Replies 0

Hi my acc lodge my forms on 4th of jan 

its been 5 days and i still havent received the payment?

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sydneyfc1987

Generally, it takes four to five business days to receive your JobKeeper payment once you lodge your monthly declaration

If you haven't seen your payment after five business days, you should contact us to follow up.