Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Lost Superannuation

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 1797

Replies 4

Good morning,

I am Australian Citizen who is living in Switzerland. In years 1994 - 1997 my employer paid to FAI Superannuation Fund.
I have left Australia in 1997 and gave FAI address of my accountant to send all letters.

I contacted my accountant last week who told me that he hasn’t received any post from FAI for years.

FAI Superannuation Fund doesn’t exist any longer.

Next year I will be 57 years and I am going to withdraw all money from my super
Any idea how I can find what has happened with my superannuation ?

Thank you for your help.

Marek    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @marek62,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you have a myGov account that is linked to ATO online services, you can check and manage your super that has been reported for you and any lost super.

Alternatively, you can phone or Skype us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a call back. Have your TFN with you so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account who can conduct an unclaimed super search.

Thanks, JodieH.

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @marek62,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you have a myGov account that is linked to ATO online services, you can check and manage your super that has been reported for you and any lost super.

Alternatively, you can phone or Skype us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a call back. Have your TFN with you so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account who can conduct an unclaimed super search.

Thanks, JodieH.

Initiate

Replies 2

Hello from Italy,

I am in a very similar situation than Marek62. I and my husband left Australia in 1997. Our superannuation funds sent us a communication saying our funds have been transferred to ATO.

I have created an account with ATO and downloaded MyGov app on my mobile.

I am able to log in and enter the code created through MyGov app but afterwords, I punctually receive an error message: A951.07

I am stack at this stage, unbale to linking MyGov to ATO online service. Can you please help?

Considering the 9 hours taht are separating us, it is very difficult for me to call you when your offices are opened.

Can you please help?

Thank you Roberta

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 1

Hi @rocedri

Welcome to our Community.

myGov Access is an app that helps keep your myGov account secure. It creates a code to use when you sign in to your myGov account.

To access our online service, you will need to link us to your myGov account. You can do that by answering some questions or calling us for a linking code. The code generated by the myGov Access app is different to the linking code that we provide over the phone.

For more information about how to set it up, refer to the individuals and sole traders page on our website.

While we appreciate that calling us from overseas isn't always easy, it may be necessary. If you do need to call us to obtain a linking code, you can find our overseas enquiries number on our website.

If you have already linked our online service to your myGov account, the error may be due to a technical issue. We recommend that you close all of your browser windows, open a new browser window and go straight to the myGov website. If the issue remains, we recommend that you clear your cache in your browser.

If calling us isn't possible and you are unable to link our online service to your myGov account, if you are simply trying to check whether we are still holding your super, you could submit a searching for lost super form via the post. For more information, refer to our website.

If you know that we are still holding your super money and want to submit a claim for it, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria you can submit a paper form. You can find out more about the application for payment of ATO-held superannuation money as well as gain access to the required form by checking out our website.

Also, if you meet the criteria to submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) claim, you may be able to use our DASP online application system. For more information about how to claim your super as a DASP, have a look at the departing Australia superannuation payment page (DASP) on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Initiate

Replies 0

You helped a lot Chris,

Thank you