ATO Community

Making a payment from outside Australia

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 617

Replies 1

Hi  We have an investment property in Australia and have filed the 2019 income tax returns for both of us by posting them from New Zealand.   We received the assessment for one of us a few weeks ago, but not the one for the other of us.   In case the second assessment is lost, and as we will be away from home for a bit, I wanted to pay the tax.  However, I do not have a PRN in respect of the assessment not received, and I was not able to generate one from the ATO website - something to do with not having an iGovt registration????   I understand I cannot have an iGovt registration if I do not live in Australia.  Is there any way I can make payment without a PRN, or is there perhaps a secret way to get a PRN I have not been able to find? 

Is it normal that only one assessment is received when the 2 returns were both sent in the same envelope?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi Milforder,

Welcome to our Community.

There are several different ways detailed on our website to obtain your payment reference number (PRN).

These include:
• logging into your myGov account linked to the ATO
• referring to and ATO notice or payment slip
• asking your tax agent
• phoning us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST). You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information when you when you call.

Although both income tax returns were posted together, they would be processed individually and the notice of assessments will be issued for each return once processing is completed.

I hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi Milforder,

Welcome to our Community.

There are several different ways detailed on our website to obtain your payment reference number (PRN).

These include:
• logging into your myGov account linked to the ATO
• referring to and ATO notice or payment slip
• asking your tax agent
• phoning us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST). You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information when you when you call.

Although both income tax returns were posted together, they would be processed individually and the notice of assessments will be issued for each return once processing is completed.

I hope this helps, SueO