ATO Community

Payment Super & Tax holding to ATO

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 638

Replies 1

Dear Sir/Madam

I registered STP to ATO via Xero software for my client,

I am current payment my client employees’ Superannuation to ATO via my BAS portal - Super Clearing house

After register STP, do I still lodge superannuation payment Q1/2020 to ATO via my BAS portal - Super Clearing house? Please instruction me step by step if ATO have any new change for how to payment employees’ Superannuation to ATO (if via BAS Agent? if employer pay direct to ATO?)

For PAYG holding tax, do I still submit together GST every quarter like normal?

Please make me clear ASAP

Many thanks

Phuong Ngo - BAS Agent No 24663179

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @pngo,

Thanks for your question!

Nothing needs to change at all from a superannuation reporting perspective, but there is now an additional requirement to report the year to date superannuation amounts with pay event reports submitted through Single Touch Payroll. There's more information on our page on the rules of reporting through Single Touch Payroll.

You and your clients will need to continue remitting superannuation using your existing reporting method. Your STP pay events will allow employees to view their year to date super totals but will not replace your existing superannuation reporting obligations.

When you submit the BAS, you will still report GST and PAYG Withholding as required - Single Touch Payroll will eventually pre-fill the PAYG Withholding labels W1 and W2, but this will not commence until 1 July 2020.

I hope this is helpful but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @pngo,

Thanks for your question!

Nothing needs to change at all from a superannuation reporting perspective, but there is now an additional requirement to report the year to date superannuation amounts with pay event reports submitted through Single Touch Payroll. There's more information on our page on the rules of reporting through Single Touch Payroll.

You and your clients will need to continue remitting superannuation using your existing reporting method. Your STP pay events will allow employees to view their year to date super totals but will not replace your existing superannuation reporting obligations.

When you submit the BAS, you will still report GST and PAYG Withholding as required - Single Touch Payroll will eventually pre-fill the PAYG Withholding labels W1 and W2, but this will not commence until 1 July 2020.

I hope this is helpful but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.